Lisa Logue Books

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Doug Simpson- Guest Author!

Doug Simpson
Author of Soul Awakening (Oct 2012 re-release)

 
Doug Simpson is a retired high school teacher who has turned his talents to writing. His first novel, a spiritual mystery titled Soul Awakening, was published in the United States in October of 2011, by Book Locker. It will be available in print and eBook format through most book stores around the world, in October of 2012 from his new publisher 5 Prince Publishing. His magazine and website articles have been published in 2010 to 2012 in Australia, Canada, France, India, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States. His articles can be accessed through his website at http://dousimp.mnsi.net




I've often wondered what I'd do when and if I get to retire so it's often fascinating to hear and see what some remarkable folks choose to do with their lives. Doug has taken his retirement and turned it into something most dream of doing in the same short time. Let's read about his journey...

What is your favorite thing about being a writer?

There are many things I like about being an author or writer, but if I have to pick one favorite I guess it is the feedback from readers who say things like: Wow, I really enjoyed reading your book/article. Touching people’s lives makes the work all worthwhile.
  
What genre(s) do you write in?
Spirituality Mystery/Romance Fiction

Why do you think people should choose your books over another author?

The area of spirituality that I write in is not common. Soul Awakening is fiction but it was inspired by actual events in the lives of a number of people, many of which I know personally. If a reader is curious about the possibility of survival of the soul and spirit after the death of a body, and reincarnation of souls, then Soul Awakening is definitely an eye opener. 

What do you hope readers take with them after reading one of your stories?

We do not just have 'one life to live'. Reincarnation is real.

How would you describe yourself if you were "speed dating" your readers?

You may never have heard of me before, but you will never forget me and my message after reading Soul Awakening.


Doug's upcoming releases:
Soul Awakening   re-release Oct. 2012
Soul Rescue    Nov. 2012
Soul Mind     Jan. 2013
Soul Connections   Oct. 2013


You can find Doug at the following links:

 


Thank you for being patient with me while I dealt with my technical issues, Doug! I wish you all the best and I'm glad to have hosted you and your wonderful writing!
 ~Lisa Logue 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lisa for hosting me and the story, My Soul Awakening. I will try and return the favor after the October releases, eBook and then print version, of Soul Awakening, Book I of The Dacque Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what it feels like to be busy! Just let me know and I'll be there! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Drop a line!